17.2: Will we ever walk comfortably again?
Hopefully everyone has had a chance to stretch their hammies and glutes and also ice their hands and pride after 17.2. I am so proud of all of you for lunging and cleaning your way through that workout and entertaining Dave Castro with his dumbbell madness. He’s the worst, y’all are the best.
- Luke Voss went into 17.2 with 0 unassisted pull ups and ended up cranking out not 1, not 2, but 13!!
- Val Harmon was going to do RX and nix the muscle ups, but instead did scaled and got her first 2 unassisted pull ups! Pregnant!
- Shannon Frawley powered through the workout by herself on Monday even though she was sick, because though she be small she be mighty.
- Brian Lange might as well have just done jumping muscle ups on the tallest bar we have.
- Matt Williamson got the farthest and finished one full round (really 4 rounds)!
What else happened?
- Coach Russ judged Matt Williamson and didn’t like that Matt’s score was higher, so Russ attempted 17.2 a second time. Matt still beat him.
- A little known fact about Andrew Greenwood is that he needs someone to yell at him to make him work to his potential. Jess was his judge, and if anyone knows Jess, she is the last person in the world that would yell at Andrew like he needs. I politely spoke very sternly at him after the workout and he decided to come back for round two. Russ judged him and it looks like whatever yelling he did worked. He went from 91 reps to 113.
- Justin Hroch did 17.2 twice, and tore 90% of his skin off his hands to squeeze out three more reps and likely bump his rankings up ahead of all the other plebeians.
What are the current standings?
As of right now, below are the top 5 girls and top 5 guys!
I really am so proud of all of you. We’re two workouts in and we’ve already had so many awesome milestones in our gym. Can’t wait for the remaining weeks!
Rest and repair your body, and we’ll see you Friday for 17.3!
In love and lunges,