Under the Friday Night LIghts: 19.1 Recap!
We did it! Week one is in the books. Now, we’re not saying it was the most ~lit~ first FNL we’ve ever had, but let’s just say those lights were bright last Friday night. If you missed it, well, you’re the worst, and here’s a quick recap of the action, as well as current standings:
- Daddy Romano came to watch his pride and joys, Ari and Aiden, compete head-to-head. Without shame, he took many pictures and cheered very loudly and was cheesing the whole time. Formal request for everyone to bring their parents always.
- Three cheers for Michelle Kwan, Bryan Payne, Lauren Bratcher, and sweet baby angel Georgia Levin — who are competing in FNL for the very first time during the 8am class!! Champs.
- Qasim, aka this month’s spotlight member, is also in it for the first time and was very nervous going into his heat Friday night — but he didn’t die and totally crushed it.
- The office transformed into a pretty hazardous jungle gym for all the tiny children.
- DJ LaRae spun some sick beats and fired off some incredible jokes, per usual.
- Our pals at Airrosti came to hang with us throughout the night — helping folks both get warm and recover, and even fed us snacks and drinks! We love them.
- Jess brought her margs. That is all there is to say about that.
And here are the standings:
And now, onto week 2.
Crew, us coaches are so proud of you! We have 4 more weeks of fun, so remember to use your weekly workouts wisely; that is, scale appropriately to avoid injury or overexertion, fuel your body well and often, drink all the water, and stretch, stretch, stretch.
See you on the mats!