Week 2: complete! Raise your hand if you thought those squat cleans weren’t going to be as heavy as they were…
19.2 was, as expected, a total blast! This one was tough for a lot of us because it was hard to decide between RX and scaled. Some of us have a few double unders sometimes, some of us have toes to bar in singles, some of us have a motor and some of us… do not.
For those of us in the sometimes or singles camp, The Open is always this fine line between deciding to push the skills we’ve been working on RX, or choosing to scale to crank our motors and complete a workout. But as the magic of The Open would have it, people got their double unders, people strung toes to bar together, and people lifted more than they thought they could for 5, 10, 15 reps!
Peep some of these magic moments:
- Alex Morgan did the workout scaled during FNL and finished the ENTIRE five rounds in just over 15 minutes. He also re-did it on Monday RX to test his double under limits and made it to 139 reps!
- Hroch got into the fourth round RX and really showed his Dad Strength™
- Laura and Jamie both made it out of the 8:00 cap and made the 145# cleans look some type of way.
- Kaylin, Michelle Kwan, Val, Jess Guevara, and Shannon blew their previous squat clean PRs outta the water by lifting 5-20lbs more than their previous maxes FOR REPS.
- Sally, Vasko, Georgia, Frances, and Mike Rondini absolutely crushed it in the masters division!
- Ashley Hurt managed to crank out 42 toes to bar in 8:00, despite never having done RX toes to bar in a workout! Turns out she does have hip flexors!
- Ciera finished the scaled workout in ~16:00 and we are not worthy.
And here are the current standings across all leaderboards:
What a freakin’ weekend. Great job, y’all. That one was nasty. Now rest those legs and breath easy knowing double unders, rowing, T2B, and wall balls are out of the way, and let’s get ready for this Friday! Also, if you are interested in the worldwide open standings, check out the CrossFit Games leaderboard. Some of these dudes are no joke!
- Sign up for a heat to compete in this week’s Friday Night Lights, AND sign up for a slot to judge.
- If you know you can’t make Friday — take your name off the sheet so someone can swipe your spot and sign up for a makeup slot on either Saturday or Monday. If neither of those work then reach out to a coach to coordinate a time to get your WOD on.
- Show up 15-20 minutes BEFORE your heat start time to adequately warm up. It’s important we stick to the schedule so everyone works out in a timely manner and no one’s competing alone at 8pm like a sad sack.
- Tag us in your stories on Insta and we’ll share your stuff! @crossfitrenew is the name, funny gifs are our game.