Aaaaand now we’ve all found something to work on for the next year…
This workout, though short, was no joke when it came to muscle fatigue. But as always, we bore witness to some total rockstars doing total rockstar stuff. Check it out!
Peep these highlights:
- Sadie got ballsy and dove straight into the bear crawls from 50 strict presses and nearly took a tumble, but caught herself ‘cause she is a strong and agile pregnant person.
- Val Harmon got to the HSPU with like 4 minutes left in the workout, and spent the entire 4 minutes working on a strict scaled HSPU. After many attempts, she finally got one beautiful one. Yay, Val!!
- Blake Choisnet takes the cake for making the most noise/effort while doing step-ups.
- McKenzie, Laura, Athena and Jamie got through some of the HSPU RX, and after attempting on Friday and working on them over the weekend, Ashley Hurt also repped some out!
- Jon Wickes re-did the whole thing and got a whopping 22 more reps!
- Chloe originally thought she was only going to be able to get 5 scaled HSPU, but then banged out 20 because of course she did.
- Bryan Payne snagged 4 HSPU out of this workout, despite being no-repped by Hroch, like, 1,000 times. But per usual, he still came out smiling.
- And last but not least, Jared Crowley, everyone’s favorite cheerleader, got not only his first HSPU — but his first three! With his dad there to cheer him on!
And check out the current standings from 19.3:
For the overall leaderboard, click here!
What a great week! For all of you who attempted HSPU, but just couldn’t get them, don’t be discouraged! This is why we encourage people to do The Open: so get comfortable with the uncomfortable, find those areas that need the most improvement, and set personal goals to be better by next year.
19.4 is just around the corner… let’s stay strong as we head into the finish line. Get to the gym, stretch, eat well, drink water, and let’s get after it for 19.4!