How exciting was 19.4!!
First time muscle-uppers, first time kipping pull-uppers, and what? Built-in rest? That was probably the most exciting part of the whole thing if we’re all just sitting around being honest.
This one was a fun one to watch: good old fashioned hard-as-you-can for that first bit, and then some really great efforts on the gymnastics/technical portions. And you just can’t beat our crowd — everyone was so supportive. The Open! It’s the best!
Here are some of the highlights:
- First and foremost, Nicki Morgan’s creamy jalapeno dip was incredible. If you missed it, well, that’s because Sadie and Becca Harris ate it all.
- Jamie had never done a muscle up before Friday, and then banged out 10 in the workout… so.
- Becky did it alongside Shirtless Wonder Russ before FNL and got 3 muscle ups the first round… but then did it again and got not only all the muscle ups in the first round, but all the snatches and a muscle up into the second round!! Worth it.
- And to continue the ~fit femme~ trend, Laura, Athena, and Jamie repped some out, and Whitney and Julie were thiiiiiiis close to getting their first one. They’re gonna get it soon… we can feel it.
- Zach beat Hroch! NEED I SAY MORE!
- Jared has been working on his pull-ups, and he repped out 20!! Good work, Jared!
- Andi, Shannon, Michelle Kwan and Sadie’s pregnant ass finished the entire scaled workout in under the time cap and lived to tell about it.
And here are the results from 19.4. To see the full leaderboard, click here and scroll through!
One. More. Week.
Let’s finish strong, and cap the night with some fun and food — our afterparty kicks off at the end of the final heat! Pearson Properties is gonna hook us up with some food (there are rumors of Chick-fil-a nugs…), we’ve got RX Bars to hand out like Oprah hands out Chrysler sedans, Restore Cryotherapy and Austin Sports Therapy will be there to help us both prep and recover, and Rebbl is coming back out to hand out more of their bottled goodness.
Bring a friend or five and see you under the Friday Night Lights!!